It's the time when many people think about the festive table and what to prepare for their loved ones. As a Vele tradition, it is necessary to offer horseradish on the table for Easter, because it goes perfectly with eggs and meat. We have a recipe for you on how to make homemade horseradish sauce.
Homemade horseradish sauce is a delicious spice that can add spiciness to any dish. It is made from grated horseradish root, vinegar, salt and a pinch of sugar. You can use the sauce as a side dish to roast meat, sandwiches or even as a dipping sauce for fries.
One of the great things about homemade horseradish sauce is that you can customize it to your taste. For a milder sauce, add more sugar or less horseradish root. For a more spicy sauce, add grated horseradish root.
Homemade horseradish sauce
- 5 spoons of horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey
- 2 pinches of salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of sour cream
- a few tablespoons of cold-pressed sunflower oil
- Peel and clean the horseradish. Soak it in water.
- Put the yolk in the bowl, add a little salt and pepper.
- While mixing with a whisk, add sunflower oil drop by drop until you get a thick mixture (mayonnaise) and leave in a cold place.
- Dry the horseradish and grate it. Add it to the blender.
- Once chopped, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Then mix everything together with a mixture of yolk and oil (mayonnaise).
- Add sour cream and mix.
- If it is too thick, add a little water in which the horseradish was soaked. When the mixture is smooth, put it in a sterile jar and store it in the refrigerator.