Ugh, if you don't already know, today is Friday the 13th! The day, which repeats up to three times in a calendar year, is deeply embedded in the pores of our society, and the fear of this famous date is so widespread that it has even received professional names: triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13, and paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th .
Historians associate Friday the 13th with Friday, 13. 10. 1307, when the French king Philip IV. ordered that all French Templars be captured and burned at the stake, and their property confiscated.
But the fear of the bad influence of the number 13 goes back further in history, if we are to be precise in the pre-Christian era. The number 13 follows the number 12, which is considered perfect because it can be divided into 2, 3, 4 or 6 equal parts, while the number 13 always has a remainder. As a result, the number is 13 a symbol of imperfection. Christians associated this with the 13 fallen angels and the 13 guests at the Last Supper, the thirteenth in turn betraying Jesus (Judas Iscariot). In modern times, these devils are not abating. People still like that today they don't want an unlucky 13 for their house number, so they prefer to choose 12A or simply switch to number 14. For example, in the Dutch city of Utrecht there is no platform number 13, but you won't find it in Formula 1 either racing car with number 13.
What does numerology say about this?
The number 13 is also not without its problems in numerology, when it is divided, it carries the symbolism of Saturn (1+3 = 4, which is Saturn's number). According to numerology, it is a heavy number that carries with it family and genetic karma, which means that it is difficult for a person to separate from them. The person is said to have a very difficult character, and in life he should work a lot on his subconscious and solve problems with his parents.
How to spend Friday the 13th and NOT BE an eighth grader?
- Get up on the right side of the bed. According to some superstitions, the day will therefore be happier. If you have a wall there (or are already up), you have one less trump card up your sleeve.
- Wear it red underwear. If you don't have one, stay away from green like hell!
- Carry yours with you all day talisman luck.
- Forget cleaning on Friday the 13th. It is known that using a broom on Friday the 13th brings misfortune.
- Think about it positively. Tell everyone that the 13th is your lucky number and that you have a gut feeling that today is going to be a good day.
- Put your happiness before the test. Deliberately do something that the result will depend only on luck. Buy a lottery ticket, place a bet, apply for the job you've always wanted...
- Do something after work fun. Go or throw a party (just make sure it doesn't have exactly 13 guests, because that didn't work in Norse (the meeting of the gods) and Christian history (the last supper), go to the cinema or have a movie marathon watching the Friday the 13th series.
- Think about it, how lucky you really are. Think of the things you are grateful for in your life, the people who mean the most to you, and what you wouldn't change for anything in your life.
- Get rid of all superstitions and take responsibility for things that happen to you.