Empathy is the ability of an individual to put himself in the shoes of another and understand his perspective. Broadly speaking, empathy is divided into cognitive and emotional parts. Empathy probably evolved as an evolutionarily meaningful tool for the preservation of the human species. Man is a social being and it would be very difficult for him to survive alone. Among other things, empathy allows us to come to each other's aid. Empathy quotient tells us whether we have high or low empathy compared to other people. The answers to these 7 questions will tell you how empathetic you are.
Read on questionnaire below and find out how you compare to others people more, equally or less able to take another's perspective. Answer these 7 questions to tell you how empathetic you are.
- Are you sensitive to the needs of others and often want to help them?
- Do you know how to listen actively and get emotionally involved in the other person's story?
- Do you give others enough space to express their feelings (even negative ones)?
- Can you listen to not try to fix the problem immediately with advice?
- Do you know how to establish and maintain an intimate relationship?
- Are you intuitive and attuned to the needs of other people?
- Do you care about the welfare of other creatures and nature?
If you answered yes at least on four questions, you are very empathetic. Whoever answered yes on at least three and less than six questions, he is moderately empathetic. People who answered yes to zero, one or two questions, but they have little empathy.
No matter where you are on the empathy scale, the good news is that it is possible deepen and expand empathy to a wider circle of people and other living beings.