Wondering why you should wash your hairbrush at all? Isn't it enough to simply remove the hair from it and reuse it?
No. Experts say it is necessary wash the hair brush at least once a week. If you use it every day, it is better to clean it at least twice a week.
Why? Because dirt, grease and residues of hair products accumulate in the hair and on the scalp, which are transferred to the brush.
If you don't clean it, these substances can irritate the scalp and lead to infections.
How to wash a hair brush?
1. First, remove all the hair from the brush.
2. Mix warm water and mild soapy water in a bowl.
3. Dip the brush in a mixture of water and soapy water. Using an old toothbrush, gently scrub the bristles of the brush to remove dirt and hair product residue.
4. Rinse the brush thoroughly under running water to remove soap scum and dirt.
5. After you have cleaned and rinsed the brush, place it on a towel and let it dry.
There are other natural ways as well clean the hairbrush. Here are some ideas:
1. Use a comb: Use a comb to remove larger pieces of hair and dirt from the brush.
2. Sea salt: Add a tablespoon of sea salt to hot water and soak the brush for 20-30 minutes. Then clean it with a toothbrush and rinse with warm water.
3. Lemon and baking soda: Mix a few tablespoons of baking soda with freshly squeezed lemon juice until you get a paste. Then apply the paste to the brush and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Clean the brush with a brush and rinse with warm water.
4. Vinegar: Add a few tablespoons of white vinegar to a bowl of water. Then soak the brush in the mixture for about 20 minutes, then brush and rinse with warm water.
Whichever natural cleaning method you choose, it's important to rinse the brush thoroughly with warm water and allow it to dry completely before using it again.