Sometimes we have to walk into the storm to appreciate the light and renew our passion for the beauty of life. Here is 20 brutal truths that everyone needs to hear.
It's much easier to talk about the weather, sports and celebrities as about our mortality. But the more time we spend pretending that ultimate truths don't exist, the more time we'll waste trying to genuine and that they would make the most of every precious second. Time, not money, is our most valuable asset. Let the list below set you on fire a spark of motivation, which you need to make better use of the time that you still have on this planet.
1. We will die and no one knows when.
Let's stop pretending we're invincible. Let's accept the fact of our own mortality and start structuring life in such a way that it will have a better meaning.
2. Everyone we love will die and no one knows when.
This ultimate truth may initially sadden us, but at the same time it gives us the opportunity to atone for past problems and re-establish meaningful relationships with the important people in our lives.
3. Our material wealth will not make us better or happier.
Even if we are one of the lucky ones who realize their materialistic dreams, money only reinforces what was already there.
4. Our obsession with finding happiness is what prevents it.
Happiness is always present in our lives - it's just a matter of connecting with it and allowing it to flow through ourselves, which can be a challenge.
5. Donating money does less good than donating time.
Giving of our time is a way to change our perception and to create memories for ourselves and others that will last forever.
6. We cannot make all people happy, and if we try, we will lose ourselves.
Let's stop conforming to everyone's order and start respecting our values, principles and independence.
7. We will never be perfect, and unrealistic standards create suffering.
Many perfectionists have unyielding inner critics, full of rage and hatred, which slowly destroys them. Let's try to silence that inner negative voice, strengthen our intuition and start challenging our unrealistic standards.
8. Our thoughts are less important than our feelings and our feelings must be recognized.
Solving our problem intellectually is not as helpful as expressing the feelings that created the problem.
9. Our actions speak louder than words, so we must be responsible.
Let's be responsible and do things that increase positivity and love.
10. Our achievements and successes will not matter on our deathbed.
When it comes time to move into eternity, we won't be thinking about a raise. We will reflect on the relationships we have created throughout our lives.
11. Our talent is worthless if there is no consistent effort and practice.
Some of the most talented people in the world never moved out of their parents' basement.
12. The present is the only one that matters. Let's stop wasting time thinking about the past or planning for the future.
We cannot control the past, we cannot predict the future. And that can only distance us from the only thing we can control - the present.
13. No one cares how hard our lives are. We are the ones who define his story.
Let's stop looking for people who will sympathize with us and start creating stories that we will be happy to live.
14. Our words matter more than our thoughts, so let's start inspiring people.
Words have the power to oppress, hurt and shame, but they also have the power to liberate and inspire - so let's start using them more wisely.
15. Investing in us is not selfish. It is the most valuable thing we can do.
First, we have to put the oxygen mask on ourselves so that we can help the person next to us.
16. The most important thing is not what happened, but how we reacted to it.
We learn to respond in a way that leads to better end results.
17. In order to have lasting happiness, we need to improve our relationships.
Destinations have a greater impact on our well-being and happiness than our income or our job. So let's make sure we give our relationships enough attention and effort.
18. Pleasure is temporary and fleeting, so let's stop chasing fireworks and start building a constellation.
We don't settle for ego boosts when we can delay gratification and experience deeper fulfillment.
19. Our ambitions are worthless without implementation. It's time to put them into practice.
If you want to change the world, then go out and do it.
20. Time is our greatest wealth, so we must make good decisions about how we will spend it.
We have the power and responsibility to decide what we do with our time, so let's choose wisely.