If you are tired of plain pancakes, try this recipe! Unusual ingredients but great taste.
American pancakes are usually prepared from a batter of flour, eggs, milk and baking powder, fried on a griddle or pan until golden brown. They are usually served with butter and syrup, but they can also be topped with fruit, nuts or whipped cream.
In recent years, there has been a growing trend towards healthier eating, so some people are looking for recipes to include more nutritious ingredients in their breakfast.
Introducing oatmeal and spinach pancakes.
Oatmeal and Spinach Pancakes
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup milk
- a handful of baby spinach
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place oatmeal, milk, spinach, banana, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a blender.
- The dough is the same as for our pancakes. Pour into the middle of the pan with a small ladle and fry covered on both sides.
- Served with a side dish of your choice.