A famous gourmet Anthony Bourdain is sure that Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe or spaghetti with cheese and pepper is considered one of the best culinary inventions of mankind.
Italians worship pasta in cuisine with good reason, as they only need a little to turn them into a delicious meal. Today we will learn how many ingredients are used to prepare them Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe (cheese and pepper).
Although the Italians to prepare Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe they use pecorino cheese, the dish is also delicious with some other "sheep's cheese" or some other type of cheese. See for yourself!
Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
- Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 400 g of spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 g of grated parmesan
- 120 g grated pecorino cheese
- salt as desired
- To begin with, cook the pasta in the usual way - al dente.
- Pour off the excess liquid, leaving only 300 ml of the water in which the pasta was cooked.
- In a large pan, fry the freshly ground pepper for about 30 seconds, until it develops its aroma and smells from the pan.
- Add the butter and olive oil and let the ingredients combine. This takes about a minute or two.
- Then add the cooked pasta and most of the cooking water to the pan.
- Mix the pasta in the pan. Then add the grated parmesan cheese, pecorino and the rest of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Place the pasta on a plate and serve hot. Bon appetit!