What happens when potatoes and ground meat meet? They fall in love and get married in a delicious and nutritious dish called traditional Greek moussaka!
Traditional Greek moussaka it is with minced meat Greek specialty, which has impressed many. And how can you become part of this delicious romance?
With a simple but delicious recipe for potato moussaka with minced meat that will surely impress you! Treat yourself to some culinary love and make the best potato moussaka with minced meat you've ever tasted.
Moussaka is a traditional Greek dish consisting of layers of potatoes, minced meat and vegetables, topped with egg and milk dressing and baked in the oven. Moussaka is similar to Italian lasagna, but potatoes are used instead of pasta.
In the following, we present you a recipe for potato moussaka with minced meat, which will surely delight your taste buds and win you over with its taste. And don't forget that when you lick your fingers, it's not a sign of bad manners, but an approval of supreme culinary pleasure!
Before you is a recipe for potato moussaka with minced meat.
Traditional Greek moussaka with minced meat
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 500 g of minced meat (can be beef, pork or mixed)
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml of milk
- 100 g of grated cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook them in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add minced meat and fry until brown. Add the sliced tomatoes and fry for a few more minutes.
- Mix eggs and milk in a bowl and add grated cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place one layer of potatoes in an ovenproof dish, then add a layer of meat and tomatoes. Repeat the process until all ingredients are used.
- Cover with a mixture of eggs, milk and cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes or until a golden brown crust appears.
- Serve the potato moussaka as a main course or as a side dish to other dishes. It is also delicious the next day, when the flavors are well absorbed.